Residency status is the decisive criterion for residence in Germany. The law in this area is regulated by the German Residence Act. Any threat to this status will jeopardise a person’s entire entitlement to remain in Germany, and often has an effect on friends and family.
A good lawyer will take due account of a client’s serious position, and in such cases, a swift and efficient procedure is just important as handling negotiations with the immigration authorities in a sensitive manner.
We work in the following areas:
- the law on residence (residence and permanent settlement permits/indefinite leave to remain, exceptional leave to remain, long-term residence-EC)
- work permit, entitlement to work, employement permit
- expulsion and deportation
- visa-related matters (private and business visa, family reunification)
- the law on nationality (naturalisation, dual nationality)
- asylum law
- oppositions, claims and summary proceedings